Thirsk Racecourse is located in Thirsk in North Yorkshire, England. It is owned by Thirsk Racecourse Ltd. Races held here are normally screened at Racing UK. The race course is a thoroughbred horse racing facility with left-handed oval courses that is approximately 1m 2f. The finishing straight is 6 f.
Racing in the region surrounding Thirsk, Hambleton, is recorded to have started as far back as 1612. At this time, races were organized by King James on Hambleton Hills. For over two decades, frequent races were held but the location was not permanent until a racecourse was opened in Station Road.
This became Thirsk Racecourse. Its popularity grew very fast with some famous jockeys of the time such as Fred Archer racing there frequently. Edward VII Prince of Wales graced the racecourse in 1985 and the visit that prompted the construction of the first grandstand called the Royal Pavilion. Racing was, however, suspended here for a decade during World War I. A lot of construction work was done during this period and eventually in 1924, the racecourse was reopened.
Some of the most notable race s on Thirsk Racecourse include The Thirsk Hunt Cup raced in May. It is the most anticipated race in the course. The Lord Thomas Stakes race is also held here and is named after the founder of Lords Cricket Ground. The last notable race is The Classic Trial Stakes.
The racecourse has the best restaurant in the region. The Hambleton Restaurant is designed and equipped to make sure that your body needs are well taken care of. At only £77.50, you can have a table for a whole day and get a three-course meal together with a cup of tea in the morning and afternoon. A race card and complimentary wine are also in the package.
Over the last decade, Thirsk Racecourse has provided the best racing experience to jockeys, and owners in this part of England. It has further provided state-of-the-art hospitality services to thousands of patrons who flock there all year round.